Roles and Functions
Gender Development and Human Rights is a program Branch and comprises of two sections:
1. Gender Development’s function include the following:
- Assist provincial community development advisors/women’s officers to integrate gender sensitisation and equity programmes in their plans through the Community Learning and Development Centres.
- Identify specific priorities of and training needs required by women at all levels.
- Assist women’s groups and NGOs to develop and implement effective programmes for women at community level.
- Provide avenues for women in government as well as in non-government and community sectors to work together in implementing gender and development awareness activities and life skills programmes.
2. Human Rights Section
- Work in partnership with all partners to raise awareness and advocate against human rights issues
- Work in partnership with the relevant government and private partners towards establishment of the Human Rights Commission for Papua New Guinea